Natural Resources Division Director
Environmental Planner / Regulatory Specialist / NEPA
We are seeking a Natural Resources Division Director with extensive experience as a Senior NEPA Specialist / Environmental Planner. Our ideal candidate will be technically and fiscally responsible for environmental compliance and natural resources projects. The selected candidate must be able to pursue contracts and generate income to support and help expand the current natural resources program. They will prepare and assemble cost and technical proposals, manage projects, manage budgets, and help draft and review invoices with the accounting department. They will need to be a team player working with other senior staff in the Cultural Resources and GIS Divisions. The successful candidate must have complete understanding of environmental compliance regulations and interpretations for numerous federal and state agencies in order to consult with clients. EnviroSystems has been in business over 20 years and offers great potential for professional growth. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with limited supervision. Direct experience with NEPA, environmental planning, and compliance is a hiring requirement.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree minimum in Environmental Planning/Science, Natural Resources Planning, Biology, Forestry, or related field required. At least 5 years of NEPA planning and environmental regulatory compliance professional experience is required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Specialized degrees in environmental science or environmental planning and at least 5 or more years of professional experience. An advanced degree in a natural resource field is preferred.
- Oversee all aspects of project initiation, fieldwork, reporting, budgeting, invoicing and permitting.
- Manage large scale and highly complex projects in the land development, mining, energy, security, and transportation sectors.
- Coordinate and provide oversight to field crews during biological surveys, monitoring, or other types of natural resources fieldwork.
- Facilitate and lead public involvement efforts such as public meetings, open houses, and workshops.
- Responsible for marketing efforts in support of the Natural Resources Division.
- Assist other Senior Management staff with business development and marketing efforts.
- Mentor and supervise junior staff as well as perform all aspects of field research, data collection, inventory, analyses, and report production.
- Act as a liaison to facilitate relationships between private clients and local/state/federal agencies.
- Navigate the complex regulatory compliance processes of NEPA, Clean Water Act (CWA), Endangered Species Act (ESA), and other federal, state, and local environmental regulations.
- Direct federally-listed species surveys, mitigation, and monitoring.
- Produce professional, high quality technical compliance reporting.
- Manage relationships and coordinate with federal agencies including but not limited to the U.S. Forest Service (USFS), U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), National Park Service (NPS), Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Bureau of Reclamation (BOR), Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- Prepare NEPA documents, Biological Assessments, Biological Evaluations, Plans of Development/Operation, Monitoring Plans and Reports, Jurisdictional Determinations, ESA Compliance, and various other environmental documents.
This full-time position is eligible for benefits including vacation and sick leave and medical, dental, vision insurance, and 401k/HSA contributions.
Please send Cover Letter and Resume (References Required) to email@example.com.
EnviroSystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer