EnviroSystems Management, Inc. (EnviroSystems) is a woman-owned small business specializing in environmental and cultural resources consulting services. EnviroSystems is located in Flagstaff, Arizona, but provides consulting services and regulatory compliance throughout the Southwest, Great Basin, and Intermountain West.
Available Cultural Resources Positions
- PROJECT MANAGER
- PROJECT DIRECTOR
- CREW CHIEF
EnviroSystems is seeking Project Managers, Project Directors, and Crew Chiefs to conduct cultural resource compliance projects for federal, state, and commercial clients. These are full-time permanent positions based out of our Flagstaff, Arizona office, but there is potential for remote work depending on the candidate’s background. The successful candidate(s) either will be currently permitted or meet the qualifications to be permitted as a Project Director/Field Director, Crew Chief, or Principal Investigator with a variety of public land managing agencies, with emphasis in Utah, Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico. Experience in California, Idaho, west Texas, and western Colorado is also beneficial. The positions require the capability of supervising cultural resources surveys and other archaeological projects in remote locations and over steep terrain, and often require camping. Therefore, a clean driving record and the ability to work out-of-town for multiple sequential field sessions are also essential.
The successful candidate(s) will provide demonstrable expertise supervising all aspects of cultural resources survey, site recording and site significance evaluations, as well technical report writing. Experience with archaeological testing and data recovery is a plus but is not required. Candidates should be well-versed with the completion of survey forms (from a variety of states and federal agencies), operating GPS units with a data recorder, and conducting quality control/quality assurance reviews of data. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of federal cultural resources regulations (particularly National Historic Preservation Act Section 106 compliance), the ability to coordinate and communicate with agencies and clients and manage budgets and schedules. The candidates(s) also should be motivated, resourceful, dedicated, and organized.
Applicants for upper-level positions must have at least a master’s degree in Anthropology or Archaeology and a minimum of 5 years of work experience as a supervisory archaeologist (e.g., Crew Chief, Project Manager, or Field Director). A master’s degree is also preferable for Crew Chief-level positions, but a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and appropriate experience is required. Compensation package will be commensurate with experience.
- Managing cultural resource projects of various scopes and sizes
- Supervising archaeological field crews
- Directing cultural resources inventories with in-field analyses and documentation of prehistoric and/or historic artifacts and archaeological features
- Authoring and editing site documentation forms and writing technical reports
- Completing projects within schedule and on budget
- Effectively and accurately communicating with agency compliance personnel, clients, and coworkers
- Graduate degree in archaeology or anthropology
- At least 5 years supervisory archaeology and fieldwork experience
- Ability to be listed on EnviroSystems’ various federal and state cultural resource permits
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Good technical writing skills with a record of completing, editing, and producing cultural resource compliance reports, and meeting deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a face-paced environment requiring multitasking, task prioritization, and responsibility/task delegation without strict supervision
Desirable Traits (Not required but viewed favorably)
- Research interest in Southwest and/or Great Basin archaeology beyond meeting minimal compliance requirements
- Expertise in prehistoric and/or historic artifact analysis
- GIS application skills
Employment Status / Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Long-term Disability, Health Savings Account, 401(k)
If interested, please submit a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae with references to: email@example.com