EnviroSystems Management, Inc. is a small, successful woman-owned environmental consulting firm based in Flagstaff, Arizona since 1999. We complete contract work throughout the West in environmental regulatory compliance and permitting, cultural and natural resources management, GIS, public relations, and noxious weed management. We are seeking a Controller to join our team. Our ideal candidate will be degreed in accounting and have several years of experience. Skilled in-depth knowledge of accounting, auditing, capitalized accounting, and budgeting procedures and be experienced with financial and tax planning. We have a diverse clientele base, and the successful applicant must be comfortable communicating orally and in writing across disciplines in all types of settings. The successful candidate will work with limited supervision and needs to be a team player to work with senior staff in carrying the company into the future. The position reports directly to the company officers. Duties include all aspects of in-depth accounting including financial and tax analysis/planning, accurate daily cash flow management, budgeting, and banking/loan requirements. This is a full-time position and is available immediately; salary is commensurate with education and experience.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of payroll, maintenance of payroll accounts and payment of payroll taxes and related liabilities.
- Monitor the receipt of all income; manage cash flow, analyze organizational financial commitments, and bank balances to meet financial obligations.
- Accurate and timely preparation of accounts payable and receivables implementing effective monitoring, verification, and coding procedures.
- Coordinate various general accounting functions such as journal entries, account reconciliations, special reports, retirement fund contributions, etc.
- Present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual budget reports and financial statements. Ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with project budgets throughout the life of the project.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by continuously collaborating with program managers to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish systems to support program operations.
- Job cost analysis for project budgets and profits.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a minimum of experience of 5 years; CPA preferred
- Proficient knowledge and experience with QuickBooks and software modules (T-sheets)/Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and financial procedures
- Highly skilled at multi-tasking and well organized
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills with an attention to detail
- Self-motivated requiring minimal oversight
- Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines and expectations
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Long-term Disability
PLEASE SEND A COVER LETTER AND RESUME (REFERENCES REQUIRED)
EnviroSystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer